School swimming program
Mill Park Leisure offers a wide range of programs for your group or school to be a part of. You can choose from end of term activities through to programs that are energised, alternative and or educational.
We offer school swimming program options that are available and aligned with education requirements for water safety.
We offer a wide range of programs for your group or school to be a part of. The curriculum provides a comprehensive educational framework that enhances knowledge, skill and understanding of safer aquatic participation.
The curriculum ensures alignment with and support of learning outcomes and drowning prevention strategies include:
- The Federal Government's Curriculum Framework Guide. Where the focus is on experiential rather than command teaching.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) Drowning Prevention Implementation Guide a central documented that is acknowledged worldwide.
- The Australian Water Safety Council's Water Safety Plan.
- AUSTSWIM Learning Pillars Framework is a guiding document for program development, lessons planning and teaching.
School Carnivals and Water Education
Are you planning your schools next annual swimming carnival, swimming trials or aquatic fun day? Mill Park Leisure has got you covered to ensure everyone enjoys a fun and educational school carnival.We have the following facilities available for your use:
- 25 metre indoor pool
- Dedicated change and toilet facilities
- Leisure pool
- Aqua playground
- Separate schools entrance
Please keep in mind:
We want to avoid interruption to facility members as much as possible. General guidelines are in place to reduce the impact of major events on other users of Mill Park Leisure to ensure members, the general public and event hosts can enjoy all facilites together.
The aquatics coordinator will work with you to discuss, plan and implement suitable programs to meet your school needs. Ensuring everyone has fun in a safe and friendly environment.
Program times may vary depending on the duration, number of students, financial considerations and educational needs.
Download the enquiry form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org